1. All students must register their details via the website Entry Form. ENTRY FORM PAGE
2. Western Sydney University student numbers MUST appear on all pages of a design entry. No names to appear on entries.
3. All Design Entries must be submitted in PDF file format (no more than 4 slides)
4. Design Entries must be submitted by one of the following options.
a. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (file limit 10Mb)
b. Post disc or USB to: PO Box 883, St Marys, NSW, 1790
c. In Person Deliver disc or USB to: 8 Anne Street, St Marys, NSW, 2760
5. All design entries must be received before 5.00pm (AEST) on the specified closing date of Sunday 22nd October 2016.
6. In consideration of Laser Wizard Pty Ltd accepting my submitted entry in the Laser Wizard Innovation Awards, I agree to abide by the 2017 Laser Wizard Innovation Award Terms and Conditions and all criteria set by Laser Wizard in relation to the
Awards, including any additional information on the awards website linked to:
7. I agree that as a condition of entry, I grant Laser Wizard the privilege of first negotiation to all or part of my entered design (Entry).
8. I further agree that if my Entry is chosen as a winning entry, the awarding of any prize will be conditional on me entering into an assignment of all right, title and interest in and to my Entry to Laser Wizard P/L.
9. I declare that my Entry and supporting material complies with the Design Brief and relevant Standards, to the best of my knowledge.
10. I declare that my Entry is my own original work and that it does not knowingly infringe any patent or design (whether granted or pending), copyright or any other intellectual property rights of any person.
11. I accept that the judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. I acknowledge that Laser Wizard, its employees and agents accept no responsibility for any damage or loss caused to any project material provided by me as part of my Entry during transportation, handling or storage and that packaging, transportation and insurance of any such material is my responsibility.
13. I acknowledge that my Entry and supporting material must be available to Laser Wizard and any other parties involved in the organisation of the Awards for exhibition purposes.
14. I indemnify, and will keep indemnified, Laser Wizard, its servants, agents, employees and suppliers against any cost, loss or damages which may be incurred by it or them as a result of the acceptance or subsequent use of my Entry.
15. I agree that Laser Wizard may use my Entry in the promotion of Laser Wizard and the Awards. I authorize Laser Wizard to promote my Entry with current or potential customers or suppliers of Laser Wizard with the aim of exploring opportunities for commercialization of my Entry. I understand and accept that it is my responsibility to protect the intellectual property rights in my Entry and that to do so I may need to take specific steps to apply for registration, such as design registration, to protect the intellectual property rights in the Design. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to obtain independent advice in this regard. I indemnify and hold Laser Wizard harmless against any claim for loss of confidentiality or intellectual property rights in the Entry or any loss of profits or income that may have been received by me, my successors or assigns in connection with the Entry resulting from Laser Wizard's authorized
use or promotion of my Entry.
16. Prizes are as described and no further negotiation will be entered into. Group entries will have the prize monies split and paid in equal amounts directly to each team members.
17. I confirm that I forfeit all rights in my Entry 3 years after the closing date of entry to the Awards unless within the three years I either enter into an agreement with Laser Wizard to assign my rights in my Entry for an agreed fee or I request a return of my Entry and removal of records from Laser Wizard's database.