Entrants must be an undergraduate School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics student enrolled at Western Sydney University.Administration
2.Use your student number/s on all pages of your design concept entry.3.Submit the design concept as a PDF file format.
4.Designs must be a maximum of 4 pages.5.Entries must be received prior to competition close on:
6.Design Entries must be submitted by one of the following options.
a. Email to: email@example.com (file limit 10Mb)
b. Post disc or USB to: PO Box 883, St Marys, NSW, 1790
c. In Person Deliver disc or USB to: 8 Anne Street, St Marys, NSW, 2760
8. Students must communicate how their design concept enhances the home's sustainability. The student must clearly show the product is a home environment consumer product, ideas may include; outdoor living, kitchens, climate control, energy usage, lighting, furnishings and fittings, construction materials, insulation, bathrooms, smart home devices, landscaping, etc.9.Design concepts may show innovation with clear progression from existing products in order to establish innovation by 20% minimum difference.
10. Design concepts must be a total / whole /product or system.
12. The number of components in the design concept should be considered.13. The weight in the design concept should also be considered.
Customer and Consumer Benefits
14. Design concepts should clearly communicate how the product is used by the consumer.
16. Design concepts should consider the prohibitive issues consumers with accessibility constraints face.17. Design concepts must show consideration for the type of environment in which the consumer will use the product and where it is stored.
18. The design concept must consider the safety of consumers and eliminate potential hazards.19. Design concepts should consider Australian Standards and appear safe.
20. Design concepts should consider their consumer appeal.
22. Design concepts should be recyclable and/or reusable.23. Design concepts should address the reasons for their choice of materials.
24. Design concepts should be conscious of minimising energy consumption over existing systems